Wednesday, March 30, 2011

devestated sir, devestated.

today, i experianced a loss. a devestating one.


i went to the temple as usual on wednesday and i ALWAYS have my anklet on and i ALWAYS take it off to do baptisms.


i forgot to put it back on.


i did not realize this until i was home for a few hours.


sure this doesnt sound devestating. but it was. for you see, there was a story about the person who gave me this anklet.


it was supposed to be a bracelet but it was too large. i have always wanted an anklet to i put it on my ankle and its been there for like 4 months. . i went to an old folks home to sing christmas carols to them. back in the day, that scared the CRAP out of me. not the singing, the old people. they used to scare me soo much..... they still do...a little.


anyways! we always talk to them after we sing and chat and be friendly. i sat down next to this man, i wish i could have remembered his name, i want to say it was gerard. but no clue. anywho. he was a classic tale of the american dream. he grew up here worked hard, went to college, got married, supported his family, and he loved his wife. i loved hearing his stories. i noticed he was wearing a few bracelets and the conversation sort of stalled, so i complimented him on his bracelets. he then told me a story of how his son went to a country and bought a lot of them and was selling them to people. his son gave him a few. he then looked at me and smiled a beautiful old person smile, i do love their smiles, 'do you want one?' shocked i said 'oh, no! your son gave them to you! i couldnt.' then he preceded to take the bracelet off and put it on my wrist. i was in awe. and love. but mostly awe cause he is old. he was the sweetest. i hope to see him someday or in heaven and we can talk and be like remember that bracelet? yeah me too. then i could meet his wife and children and we could have a playdate. assuming i out live him and his posterity. lets hope so.


tangent. while at this old folks home i got to talk to this other lady. we were talking and she wasnt really making sense. she was a nurse in some war. and i asked her if she ever hit on the men she treated. she laughed really hard. she was great too. then she said she had cancer and i was sympathetic. then she said, and i quote, 'they took away one of my boobs. i only gots one boob!' yeah. not kidding. then she continued, 'its ok though. its not like im feeding anyone with it'. yep. love this lady too.


just remembered another moment with the first man. hahahah ok this cracks me up. so me and him were talking and there was a lady behind me and she was talking really loud. my man looked at the girl a couple of times. i joked, 'you got a crush on that one?' his face got real serious, quote again here, 'no! i hate her. she is so annoying! she talks during the movies and i really dont like her'. haha i laughed really hard at that one.


thats it. im sad. i have lost my anklet. maybe i could find it next week. hope for me!


xoxox kk

No comments:

Post a Comment