Monday, January 23, 2012

inches by inches

so i grew an inch this past weekend. some could say i grew a pair. but i went out of my comfort zone. i was invited to watch a vball game at some persons lounge with a bunch of other people that i kinda knew. i didnt know them super well, but then ALI forced me to go. i know that sounds bad. im 20, in college and its friday, i should be social. anypoo. i went. right as i was getting out of my car i said to myself, "big things happen by being uncomfortable". reflecting on that, so true! any situation that i have had fun at or been inspired or any other positive thing, i was uncomfortable at first. its natural to be unsure when entering a situation that you are unfamiliar with. i finally stepped out of my comfort bubble. i dont always like change, but its a common occurance in life. i think i am finally embracing change and letting things change me. gahl i am learning sooo much right now. i am a stubborn person and very much set in my ways. though over the last year i have changed, in my opinion, quite a lot. i dont always have to be right, even though my friends will say i still do but in all fairness most of those arguments i am right, i am letting people know i am vunerable, i cant do everything and i am not perfect. that last one was/is really hard for me. i dont like to be percieved as weak, so i build up walls that people cannot break down. now that i realize people want to break the walls down so they can sit with me in my fort, i have to help them see the true me. i have to open my front gate that requires them to cross over my moat thats filled with piranahs. when can do that, i can have true friends. i have done that with a couple of friends right now, but i have a lot of room to improve (not perfect, SEE!).

also, its blizzarding right now. bums.

seriously,
kimmah

No comments:

Post a Comment