Friday, August 26, 2011

grammer, spellling, and wording. OH MY

So for all those who were so curious as to what i am going to study for the rest of my college days, the answer is english. please, stop laughing for a few moments as i explain. i love to read. i want my job when i am old to be all about reading books. thus, i want to be an editor or a literary agent; therefore, i need a degree in english. i realize that english will not be the only thing i need for these types of jobs. so i am minoring in communication. then i could possibly do the PR aspect of books. thus, i still get to read them AND tell other people to read them. now you may be thinking, "hmmm, how can this girl succeed. I have read her blog and its full of grammatical mistakes, spelling errors and her wording is atrocious". well folks, my blog is my free write. in a free write you dont take time to spell check or anything, you just write fast and the first things that come to your mind.

i got a job! woo hooo! shout out to my dad who always helps me. i work at a properties managemnt firm like 10 mins from my house. my longest commute yet. its a pretty decent job. i do the tasks they give me and i try to do it to the best of my ability.
bonus about this job! umm so the next door business is what? please guess? a starbucks? jamba juice perhaps? how bout an insurance company? errrrr. wrong. a medcinal marijuana shop. yep. a pot shop. the first day i walked into my office i knew i smelled pot (this is coming from a high school where kids would show up to school high). and then i just sort of ignored it. my co-worker then two hours later told me there was a pot shop next door. we laughed. i was hungry. along with smelling pot everday, which i never enjoy the smell, we get to watch the people unashamedly walk in and get their 'medicine'. characters. thats all i have to say, c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r-s.

so for the singles ward at home, my ward now. yay. we are doing a regional activity where each ward has to write and record a ten minute movie. well my brother, who is the ward with me, loves zombies. he went to the planning meeting soley for making sure the movie was about zombies. so by the end of the planning movie, its a zombie apocalypse meets jack bauer in 24. needless to say its going to be great. my whole part in the movie is having jack yell at me. i will always ask him a question or for help and he just yells "I dont have time for this!" its my brothers favorite part. i think its going to be good.

I wrote two songs on the piano. i was surprised at myself. i thought i could never write music. its basic mind you, but i like them. they are my lyrics that explain my life. i will write the lyrics, i think they are great.

you dont need me
by Kimberly Turley

you don't know the affect you have on me
when you're not there i cant breathe
my world goes black when you're not around
something is wrong, there lies my fear

CHORUS
how can i live without you hear
to save me before i fall down
there is no way to get up
i need you way more than you need me
oh baby please dont see
how you dont need me

there is no way for me to explain
the broken rules to my messed up game
so how could you win, but would you still fight?
through the shattered rules
the broken pieces, am i worth it to you?
CHORUS

This is my plea that i give to you,
give me the chance to let you break through
all my walls are quickly falling apart.
opening a way to my heart.

I could beg
i could crawl
if i thought that would change it all
but i know that it wont

there is not more that i can say to you
if you dont
love me too. but i dont
want to fall. dont let me fall
let me leave, standing tall. still

I cant live without you hear
to save me when i fall down
you are the reason i get up
i need you way more than you COULD need me
oh baby please just see
how you save me.

i cant live without you near.
so i'll be waiting right here.

the second song!

picture perfect
By Kimberly Turley

dont put me on a pedastool.
what happens when i make a mistake and move
and when i fall, do i fall out of your heart?
how high was i from the start?

CHORUS
i am not your picture perfect
i tried for you to make me worth it
but i cant, you put me to high in the sky
bring me down and meet me eye to eye

my lips are not rose red.
and how did you get that out of what i said
i try to explain to you but you dont understand
you need a breakthrough or a break is all i have for you

CHORUS

now that i hurt you you can finally see
that i am not everything, you told me i would be
but deep down i swear you knew me and you didnt care
dont use me as an excuse
either way you loose, because

You are not my picture perfect
you try, for me but you're not worth it
and you will try to meet me in the sky
but you will fall as tears stream down my eyes

cause i know

i am my own picture perfect.
i tried to change for you but its not worth it
so i'll soar into the sky
you cant meet me so i guess this is goodbye.


so yeah. those are my two songs. i love them. i am working on a third thats a little more happy. but now that ithink about it, is not really. hmm. oh well. misery loves company. not even sure that works.

till next time

xoxo
GG

No comments:

Post a Comment